WordFest is a ‘festival within a festival’ offering an exciting variety of events for written & spoken-word artists of all ages, styles, languages, genres, and levels. Our vision is to produce a rich selection of programs affording festival attendees to participate in three ways:
- to hear poetry and prose via author readings, open mics, panel discussions, and performances;
- to practice the craft of poetry, prose, stories, songs, journaling, and more via writing workshops;
- to speak/share works aloud bringing words from the page to the stage via open mics, featured readings, and round-table sharing during workshops.
CALL FOR ENTRIES OPEN
**Applications and Submission Guidelines for Featured poets, writers, panelists, & workshop facilitators.**
Entry Instructions To submit original writing samples:
- Select one category per entry fee: (Poet; Author; Story-teller; Student Writer 18 & under (any genre); or Book Vendor Only)
- Submission Guidelines for all ages:
–Upload all your poems/pages as one (1) pdf file. Include your name & category on each page of your document.
–Poets: 3 poems max, limit 40 lines per poem
–Authors & Story-tellers: max 5 double-spaced pages (short stories, excerpts, essays, memoir, etc.)
- Provide information about your work in the ‘Description of Work’ box (e.g. spoken-word, slam poetry, memoir, fiction, non-fiction, blog, sci-fi/fantasy, mystery, children’s books, etc.)
- If you have video samples of you performing or reading your original work, provide links only, no video uploads please! Links should be included in ‘Description of Work’ box.
- Enter your Bio in ‘Resume’ box; entry is limited to 530 characters. (Provide information relevant to you as a poet, author, student writer, or story-teller).
- Upload your Photo/Headshot in jpg format in ‘Files for This Entry’ section. Max size: 5 MB
- BOOK VENDORS: In your statement please identify your genre and include links to your work. Please be sure to select the boxes for one 8ft table and two chairs.
- STUDENT WRITERS: enter the following coupon code to complete your entry: wfs2014
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 11:59pm July 5, 2014
Late Entries accepted through July 10, 2014
For questions regarding entry process please contact:
Waco Cultural Arts WordFest takes place over three days: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the last weekend every September. Events are usually held in the Waco Convention Center Texas & Lonestar rooms as well as the WCC Patio facing the Brazos River. All WordFest events are FREE and open to the public of all ages. You can find us on the following social media platforms:
Please like and share our page to stay up-to-date on all the latest developments!
Follow us on Twitter for information about the WordFest and other Word Happenings around Waco throughout the year!
For more information or to send questions, comments, or suggestions please contact the WordFest Chair at: email@example.com